The Book, “The Master Cleanser by Stanley Burroughs” (aff.) calls the diet, to be followed during the fasting period, “The Lemonade Diet.” This is a diet to be followed only during fasting. No other food is to be taken except this lemonade drink. This is basically lime/lemon juice mixed with “pure” maple syrup and a pinch of cayanne pepper in 10 Oz., of medium hot or cold water. Six to twelve glasses of lemonade made this way need be taken per day.
A herbal laxative tea should be taken as the last thing before sleeping at night and first thing after waking up in the morning.
Recipe, I am Using from the Book
- 2 tbsp. of freshly squeezed lemon/lime juice (organic limes/lemons are better)
- 2 tbsp. of “Pure” Dark Amber Maple Syrup (should not have any additives)
- 1/10 tsp. (or to taste) of Red (Cayanne) Pepper powder
- 10 Oz., glass of medium hot (if preferred, cold) spring or purified water
Mix lime/lemon juice, pure dark amber maple syrup and Cayanne pepper in the above quantities to 10 Oz., of spring or purified water (medium hot or cold). Stir it well and drink slowly. You can consume 6 to 12 glasses of this lemonade. Make sure that juice is freshly squeezed.
According to this book,
- Limes and lemons are the richest source of minerals and vitamins of any food or foods known to man and are available year around so this type fasting can be done any time of the year. So, to get the fullest benefits only use fresh lemons or limes. Never use canned juice or frozen juice. Use organic lemons and limes when possible.
- The Maple Syrup is a balanced form of positive and negative sugars and must be used. Do not use any substitutes. The darker the amber of maple syrup (Grade A/B/C) the better, though all grades of maple syrup can be used. The darker the amber more mineral content. It has a large veriety of minerals and vitamins. The following are the minerals found in average samples of pure maple syrup: Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese, Iron, Coppor, Phosphorus, Sulfur, and Silicon. The vitamins found are, Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C and B5. So, by adding maple syrup one gets all the needed minerals and vitamins during the fast. The pangs of hunger are not strong or not present at all (in my experience, as you will see from my Day-1 report, it is true). Only use “pure” maple syrup without any preservatives or artificial sugars.
- The Cayanne pepper is needed to breakdown the mucus that is released through cleansing process. It also helps to warm the body, since during fast one may feel a bit cold.
For further details on this fasting method, you may want to read the book, “The Master Cleanser by Stanley Burroughs” (aff).
DISCLAIMER: Before you embark on any fasting of any kind, first consult your physician and do it under strict supervision. In this article I discuss my experiment and experiences from it. If you fast after reading this article, you do it at your own risk.